Amazfit wearables are essentially value for money products packed with killer features. Their latest Stratos smartwatch is a formidable contender against Garmin’s Forerunner 935 but the former will likely sync to Amazfit’s lackluster Mi Fit mobile app. Anyway, the company has just announced international availability of their Amazfit Bip smart watch – another value for money smart watch with a youthful appearance and ridiculously long battery life.
The Amazfit Bip will supposedly last up to 30 days on a single charge with regular use and up to 45 days with minimal use. This is definitely impressive consideration the nature of the always on display along with smart notifications.
When it comes to fitness tracking, the Amazfit Bip packs a mean punch at the ridiculously low price of just under $100. For a watch with optical HR sensors, barometer, compass, and GPS + GLONASS, you’d have to pay upwards of $200. And here’s when the price strategy of Amazfit comes to mind – value for money. The Amazfit Bip is practically a steal. I’ve personally seen it priced at a significant discount on major online retailers such as Amazon.
Amazfit Bip features:
- Always-on reflective 1.28 inch color touch display
- Scratch resistant 2.5D Corning gorilla glass generation 3 + AF coating
- 3-axis accelerometer for activity, sports and sleep tracking
- Optical heart rate sensor (PPG)
- Geomagnetic sensor (compass)
- Air pressure sensor (barometer) for elevation measurement
- GPS + GLONASS for route tracking
- 20 mm standard watch band width
- IP68 rating – resistant to dust, rain, splashing, and accidental submersion
- 190mAh Li-Polymer Battery
- 1.1 ounces (31 grams) total weight
Killer features aside, a fitness based smart watch is more than just hardware; the mobile app will play a key role in providing a comprehensive fitness recording experience. And I really hope Amazfit delivers. My own experience with the Amazfit Pace was hardly impressive despite the enviable hardware.
Amazfit Bip comes in four color options of Onyx Black, White Cloud, Kokoda Green and Cinnabar Red. It is currently available at Amazfit.com for $99 USD from February 5th, 2018.