The company that brought us the outstanding Amazfit Stratos and extremely value for money Amazfit Bip is now back with two new wearables this week. Meet the Amazfit Health Band 1S (price TBC) and the Amazfit Verge smart watch. (RRP $159.99)
Interestingly, the new Amazfit Verge smart watch does not appear to be an update to the Stratos but rather to fulfil a need in the market – a fitness wearable with more smarts rather than brawns.
To prove my point, the Amazfit Verge will be equipped with an aptly named voice assistant called Xiao AI. Also, the watch will have smart home controls. and integrated NFC for payments via AliPay and UnionPay and bus ticket capability in over 165 cities. These are all features which were absent in the Amazfit Stratos and the Amazfit Pace.
AMAZFIT VERGE FEATURES:
- Bright 1.3-inch AMOLED display
- 5 days of battery life
- GPS + GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0 Classic+BLE, WiFi 2.4GHz 802.11b/g WiFi, NFC
- 11 different sports tracking including running, cycling, tennis, soccer, skiing and more
- Track daily activity (steps, calories, distance, sleep
- Smart home controls (Mijia) with Voice assistance (Xiao AI)
- A five day weather forecast
- 512 RAM, 4 GB on board storage of which 1.9GB can be used by user
- Smart notifications for emails, text messages, calendar alerts. Make calls via watch connected to Phone through Bluetooth
- An integrated NFC (near-field communication) chip allows for payments via AliPay and UnionPay and bus ticket capability in over 165 cities
- IP68 certified, not suitable for swimming.
The international version of the Amazfit Verge will ship late 2018 or early 2019. At present, pre-orders have already begun for the Amazfit Verge Chinese version.
AMAZFIT HEALTH BAND 1S FEATURES:
- Screen heart rhythm 24/7
- Sends an alert to the user if it detects irregularities that appear to be AFib
- Suggests starting a 30-120s ECG recording process to provide an even more detailed heart health analysis
- User can request a personal analysis of their ECG data conducted by Huami-certificated medical experts
- IP67 certified
- Battery life up to 7 days
- BLE 4.0
As for the Amazfit Health Band 1S, it is an upgrade to the version announced in April 2017. As the name implies, the focus is on health in a fitness band format and Amazfit has employed the use of AI in this edition of the Health Band. The Health Band 1S will scan the heart rhythm throughout the day and sends an alert if it detects irregularities that appear to be atrial fibrillation (AFib).
According to press materials, it seems users can request for a personal analysis of their ECG data, conducted by Huami-certificated medical experts, by paying a subscription fee. Hopefully we see more information as the international version of the Health Band 1S meets retail.