Just read today that DKNY has entered the smart watch race with their DKNY MINUTE hybrid smart watch. This seems to be the trend with fashion labels releasing their own take on hybrid connected wearables. In the few month alone, I’ve written about hybrid smart watch releases from Michael Kors, LV, Mont Blanc, Nokia, Tory Burch, Marc Jacobs and now DKNY.
Connected wear is a competitive segment to enter and the sheer number of entrants seem to suggest an opportunity of sorts to amalgamate fashion and tech.
The MINUTE hybrid smart watch is DKNY’s maiden foray into the world of wearables and the collection is fronted by Emily Ratajkowski.
Designed with the always-connected modern woman in mind, the DKNY MINUTE hybrid smart watches features all day activity tracking along with smart notifications and remote for music and phone camera – all done in style of course.
The tracked stats are then synced to the DKNY Minute mobile app which is available on Google Play and App Store.
DKNY MINUTE hybrid smart watch features:
- Tracks daily activity, distance, and calories burned
- Smart notifications Vibration patterns and watch hand movements alert you of incoming calls, texts, and app notifications
- Control music, take photo, or ring phone with the push of a button
- Interchangeable Watch Straps
- Powered by a coin cell battery for up to five months
- Automatically updates the current time and date based on your location
- Setup a second time zone and view at any time with the push of a button
- Wireless syncing via Bluetooth Low Energy
- Compatible with selected iOS and Android devices
DKNY’s MINUTE watch is available in Silver, gold, and rose gold-tone cases are paired with black or white leather straps, or a red quilted strap, and each style is accompanied with a interchangeable quilted pinstripe silicone strap. Prices range between $155-$175 USD.
Source: PR Newswire