Multiple leaks later, I think we’ve got quite a clear idea what the final Gear Fit 2 is going to look like. If you’ve been on the lookout for alternate brands of activity trackers, besides the global top 4, to hedge your fitness goals on, read on.
Just a month back, I wrote about the leak from Venture Beat that revealed the physical appearance of the Gear Fit 2 though little else was known then. Recently the user manual of the Gear Fit 2 was found on Samsung’s very own support page.
What we know:
- Touch enabled display that turns off after a specified duration of time
- Tracks exercise sessions
- GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth enabled
- Tracks steps, floor climbed, sleep and heart rate
- Vibration enabled, no audio
- Customisable watch face
- Timer, stop watch functions
- Caffeine and water counter
- Smart notifications with Quick Message replies
- Take or reject calls but conversation is possible from mobile device only
- Stores and plays music files directly to connected Bluetooth head phones
- Able to install apps from Samsung Galaxy Apps
- Remotely locate, lock or reset the Gear Fit 2
- Remotely control music playback on connected mobile device
- Dust and water resistance
There’s a new feature called Health Nudge which supposedly sends the user notifications upon hitting the activity goals or just for staying active.
Though Bluetooth earphones or headsets can’t be used to make calls, it will be play music from the Gear Fit 2 activity tracker.
Interestingly there’s also a caffeine and water consumption counter that allows the user to log the number of cups of coffee and water for the day right on the activity tracker
Lastly the Gear Fit 2 can actually be used without a mobile device though that would mean not all features are available.
While Samsung continues to make smart watches on one hand, it seems the company still has interest in the Gear Fit series which is more activity tracking based with minimal smart functions. My guess is we won’t have to wait much longer to see the Gear Fit 2 now.
Source: Android Authority