If you just purchased any Garmin trackers in the last 6 months, chances are that Garmin’s probably got a new edition lined up, announced and near ready for sale. Yep. Take for example the Vivosmart HR announced merely 7 months ago; there’s a new kid on the block already in the form of Vivosmart HR+. It’s the old (merely 6-7 months really) Vivosmart HR boosted with GPS capabilities. Just take my money already.
Besides GPS capabilities, the Vivosmart HR+ also comes with Garmin Move IQ auto activity detection technology.
Automatic activity detection such as Fitbit’s SmartTrack is fast becoming the de riguer of activity trackers so it’s good to know Garmin is pushing in this direction fervently this year.
Garmin’s Move IQ recognises walking, running, biking, swimming and elliptical training so the activities can be recorded in the day’s timeline without the need to commence and stop activity tracking.
Interestingly, features such as virtual pacer, Auto Pause®, Auto Lap® and walk/run mode, which are usually the keystone of the Forerunner series are now available in the Vivosmart HR+ with GPS capability.
List of features:
- All day activity tracker. Measures steps, distance, calories, heart rate, floors climbed, intensity duration
- Always-on sunlight readable display with back light
- GPS capability
- Virtual pacer, Auto Pause®, Auto Lap® and walk/run mode
- Garmin Move IQ
- Smart notifications
- Vibration enabled for alarms and idle alerts
- Remote control music on connected mobile device, Garmin VIRB cameras
- Find my phone function
- Waterproof to 5 ATM
- Up to 5 days battery life in activity tracking mode with HR monitoring and up to 8 hours in GPS mode
- Garmin Connect Insights
Together with smart notifications and Garmin’s competent mobile app, the Vivosmart HR+ activity tracker is fast becoming a remarkable activity tracker for multi use. Now if only it had changeable wrist straps.
The Garmin Vivosmart HR+ activity tracker is presently available for order at the RRP of $219.99. It comes in regular size black/shark fin gray, imperial purple/kona purple and midnight blue/bolt blue, and an extra-large black/shark fin gray band.