Mio Global announced the successor to its award winning Mio Alpha at CES 2015. The Mio Alpha 2 combines EKG accurate heart rate monitoring capability from the wrist with accelerometer-based pace, speed, distance and calories, a killer combo to pique the interest of the most stringent buyer.
The Mio Alpha 2 houses calculates pace, speed and distance without the need to be connected to a smartphone. Bluetooth 4.0 ensures wireless transmission between Mio Alpha 2 to the Mio GO app, and popular Android and iPhone fitness apps such as Endomondo, Strava, Runkeeper and so on.
List of features:
- Wrist worn EKG accurate heart rate monitor
- Tracks distance, pace, speed and calories
- Configurable heart rate zones with LED indications
- Wireless connection via Bluetooth 4.0 to compatible smartphone and fitness apps
- Memory holds up to 25 hours of data
- Water resistant to 30m
- Battery life of 20-24 hours with heart rate monitoring turned on. Up to 3 months without heart rate monitoring.
- Customisable display with easy-to-activate back-light
The Mio Alpha is retailing for $199 and is available in punch, black or yellow. You can check device compatibility here.
You might be interested in: