Today Polar announced the release of the new Polar Loop Crystal, an activity tracker that’s styled up with Swarovski crystals and a textured white customisable bracelet with stainless steel clasp.
While retaining the features of the Polar Loop 2, the Polar Loop Crystal sports two rows of Swarovski crystals instead of the 2 strips of metal, adding a touch of class and sophistication to the sporty looking activity tracker.
List of features:
- Tracks steps, distance, calories, sleep
- Tracks heart rate with Polar H7 Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor
- Smart notifications for both iOS and Android devices
- Vibration enabled
- Waterproof to 20m
- Customised fit to the individual
- 8 days battery life with an hour of training tracking per day
- Inactivity reminder every 55 minutes
- Wireless syncing via Bluetooth Smart
- Stylish with Swarovski crystals and textured strap
- Activity Goal indicator bar
While the Polar Loop series has limited features compared to the GPS smart watches from Polar, they do serve a particular niche in the consumer group. I showed the press images to an fashion editor of mine who acknowledged with an approving nod before commenting “looks chunky.” Chunky or not, it does indicate Polar’s intention to reach the group of consumers who are keen to track in style.
Perhaps this might be a gift to consider for that significant someone who wants to stay active yet is bothered by how unfashionable the current array of trackers are. The Polar Loop Crystal is retailing for $159.95, a $30 increase over the Polar Loop 2.