[Updated on January 6]
Polar just announced their latest and smartest product to be released at CES 2014 on January 6 — the V800. The video at the Polar V800 website shows Frederik Van Lierde swim, Ironman world champ, swim, run and bike with the V800. I’m assuming it’s a watch that will monitor your HR in water, track your running and cycling cadence with the footpod.
We should know more in a few days. Check out the video at PolarV800 website.
Some exciting new features.
- New hybrid transmitter than gives HR even in water.
- Shows you how long it will take for you to recover.
- Measures your aerobic fitness at rest in just five minutes based on heart rate and heart rate variability at rest and personal information.
- Most accurate calorie counter on the market.
- Compatible with Polar stride sensor Bluetooth Smart, cadence sensor Bluetooth Smart, speed sensor Bluetooth Smart, and the new generation of Keo power bluetooth smart senor (hybrid transmitter that works in water?)
- vibration alerts.
Available in April 2014.
Read all about it here.