News of the Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro was circulating online for the past 1-2 weeks with the first leak coming from Evan Blass. All that has been confirmed by Samsung just today. The Gear Fit 2 Pro ($199.99) was announced along with the Gear Sport smart watch and an updated Gear IconX 2018 earphones.
Samsung’s Gear Fit 2 Pro page did go live for a short while but was taken down. If you’d like to see the details, it’s archived here. The link does not belong to me.
Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro features:
- All day activity tracker
- Wrist based heart rate measurements
- Tracks swim workouts with Speedo app
- GPS, GLONASS and Beidou enabled
- Powered by Samsung Tizen OS; compatible with Android and iOS
- 5 ATM water resistance
- Bluetooth 4.2 and 802.11 b / g / n 2.4GHz enabled
- 4GB on board storage with 2.0 GB available for music storage
- Lasts up to 3-4 days of use and 9 hours in GPS mode
- Free 1 year subscription to Under Armour premium digital services.
- Available in black or red
I won’t quite call the Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro a huge upgrade over the Gear Fit 2. Besides the improved water resistance which has birthed the swim workout tracking capabilities such as recording lap count, lap time, stroke type, the wearable has largely retained the features of the Gear Fit 2.
The purchase of the Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro will supposedly come with a year’s subscription to Under Armour premium digital services. As to what this entails, I don’t have the details but I’d like to think it has something to do with Endomondo, MapMyRun, MyFitnessPal and UA Record.
Samsun’g Gear Fit2 Pro will be available for pre-order on August 31, 2017 at 9:00am EST for $199.99 at Amazon, Best Buy, B&H, Macys and Samsung.com.