Withings was one of the first to market their wireless weighing scales 7 years back and they subsequently followed up with a Smart body Analyzer in 2013. So it appears a third rendition of their weighing scale line is timely in the form of the Body Cardio weight scale.
The key selling point here is Pulse Wave Velocity, “which is the propagation velocity of the pressure wave along the arterial tree.”
Put simply, “faster speeds indicate stiffer arteries, which increase the risk of developing hypertension or cardiovascular disease.”
Withings is advocating, based on expert consensus, that Pulse Wave Velocity is a more meaningful way of assessing cardiovascular health since it takes into consideration blood pressure, atherosclerosis and lifestyle.The company’s preliminary study on the Body Cardio scale shows a good correlation between the Pulse Wave Velocity measurements using the weighing scale and the measurements using the Sphygmometer.Pulse Wave Velocity aside, the bioimpedance analysis enabled Body Cardio scale will also provide other measurables such as body fat percentage and muscle mass.
When connected via WIFI, the weighing scale can also display weather forecast or the previous day’s step count if you employ the use of the company’s activity trackers or mobile app to monitor your activity level.The measured data is then synced to Withings’ Health Mate mobile app when the scale is connect via WIFI.
List of features:
- Measures Pulse Wave Velocity
- Measures weight, fat mass, muscle mass, bone mass and water
- Runs up to 12 months on a single charge
- Wirelessly syncs stats to Withings Health Mate mobile app
- Displays local weather forecast when connected wirelessly
- Patented Position Control™ Technology delivers highly-precise measurements accurate to .2 pounds
- Display previous day’s step count if using Withings activity tracker or the app’s built-in tracker
- Automatically recognises up to 8 users
The Body Cardio scale is available in Black or White at the RRP of $179.95.