Two months ago, Amazfit announced the international availability of their newest Verge watch. Today, the company follows up and announces the availability of the Amazfit Verge for the US market with pre-orders starting this very moment here.
The Verge smart watch will come in twilight blue, shadow grey, and moonlight white. For those of you who are unimpressed with Android Wear and are apprehensive about the premium priced Apple Watches, Amazfit’s offering is certainly worth a look.
Amazfit Verge Smart Watch Features:
- Voice assistance with Alexa integration (available end of December)
- Ability to make phone calls through the watch (via Bluetooth connection on Android)
- Optical heart rate sensors
- NFC for payments
- 1.3-inch AMOLED touch display
- 5 days of battery life
- GPS + GLONASS
- 11 different sports tracking profiles including running, cycling, tennis, soccer, skiing
- Track daily activity (steps, calories, distance) and detailed sleep tracking (light sleep, deep sleep, awake phases, and total sleep duration)
- Changeable watch straps
- Onboard music for phone-free exercise
- Smart notifications for emails, text messages, calendar alerts, and all other apps
- Timer, stopwatch, alarms, and compass
- IP68 certified, not suitable for swimming
- Compatibility with select Bluetooth accessories
The Amazfit Verge smart watch runs a proprietary operating system so while it pairs easily with Android watches, it is unable to install Android Wear apps. Furthermore, this watch is only IP68 certified so it won’t do for swim type activities as well.
You’ll also be heartened to know the user interface (UI) on the Verge Smart watch was designed by Territory Studio San Francisco, the same company that designed the UI for Marvel films. The focus is really more smarts than training focus. For other needs, users can further look to Amazfit’s other offerings such as the Stratos or Bip.
The recommended retail price of the Amazfit Verge smart watch is $159.99 and pre-order has already commenced with delivery slated for 18th December.
Amazfit is also launching the “Giftness of Fitness” initiative, a month-long online program in which certified fitness professionals serve as holiday shopping concierge’s to help people find the perfect fitness gift for loved ones. From now until 22nd December, Monday – Saturday 3:00p – 7:00 PST, chat with these fitness professionals via Facebook Messenger and be sure to follow #GiftnessOfFitness throughout the month for more gift-giving insights, savings, and give-aways!