From the same company that brought you Alpha and Link, FUSE is the latest addition to Mio’s list of wrist worn heart rate monitor sensors.
While the previous 2 editions of wrist worn heart rate sensors from Mio offered Bluetooth and ANT+ technology with compatible apps, the Mio FUSE is enhanced with the addition of an accelerometer for daily activities tracking. It is truly a device that can be worn 24/7 and fuses the best of connectivity with sports apps with daily activity tracking.
Some features of the Mio FUSE:
- Bluetooth Smart 4.0 and ANT+ enabled.
- Wrist worn EKG accurate optical heart rate sensor
- Steps, pace, distance, heart rate, calories burn.
- Vibration and LED colour alerts
- Water resistant to 30 meters (3 ATM)
- Offline storage of 2 weeks worth of daily activities tracking and 30 hours of workout data.
- Rechargeable LiPoly battery.
The Mio FUSE works in 2 modes; an all day mode and a workout mode. The heart rate sensors does not work throughout the day unlike the Basis Band devices. On the contrary, the heart rate capturing commences upon activation of the workout mode only. Whereas the all day mode taps on the accelerometer to track steps, distance and movements.
Mio FUSE will be available in Crimson (L) and Aqua (M/L) colours at $149 during the holiday 2014 season.
Perhaps 2015 will finally be a chest strap free year. We can’t wait.
Read GadFit’s in depth review of the Mio Fuse here.
You might be interested in: