Barely a day after Garmin’s Vivoactive 3 leak surfaced, Suunto announced their newest wrist wearable to up the ante; albeit officially. The newest device to join the Spartan series is the Suunto Spartan Wrist Trainer HR and the watch is expected to hit retail in September. There are 2 versions; a steel bezel with mineral crystal display will set you back $329 while the glass fibre reinforced polyamide with polyamide display will cost $279.
Suunto is marketing the Spartan Wrist Trainer HR as a smaller and lighter watch compared to its siblings albeit with equally powerful features. The wearable only weights 56 grams with the steel bezel version hitting 66 grams. I’m sure those who have used the previous Spartan watches will appreciate this fact. While the former 3 Spartan series watches scored high aesthetically, there’s no doubt those were too big for most wrists.
And as a bonus, the watch will have sleep tracking come end August 2017.
Suunto Spartan Wrist Trainer HR features:
- Battery life up to 10h with best GPS accuracy (up to 30h with power saving options)
- 14 days battery life in time mode
- Wrist HR measurement
- 50 m water resistant
- GPS tracking with speed, pace and distance
- Customizable sport modes with graphs and automatic laps
- Create intervals on watch and follow on-screen guidance
- Find back safely with breadcrumb view of traveled route
- 24/7 tracking of your daily steps, calories and sleep*
- Customizable watch faces
- Get incoming calls, text and calendar notifications to your watch
- *Sleep tracking available as a software update on the 31st of August
The partnership between Suunto and Valencell continues with the optical HR sensor technology supplied by latter; as seen in the iconic dual coloured LED lights.
The Suunto Spartan Wrist Trainer HR is also the first of the Spartan series to be produced in China with the former 3 (Suunto Spartan Ultra, Suunto Spartan Sport, and Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR) produced in Finland.
The Suunto Spartan Trainer Wrist HR comes in five distinctive models: Gold and Steel boast an elegant, urban feel with prominent stainless steel elements, while Ocean, Blue and Black offer a fresh, sporty look. The RRP price of the Suunto Spartan Trainer Wrist HR is 279 – 329€. The Spartan Trainer Ocean, Blue and Black variants will be available from August 31st while the Spartan Trainer Gold and Steel will start with limited availability during September.