It’s been a long wait. Close to a year but it’s been worth it. The Razer Nabu will officially see a release on the 2nd of December 2014. First announced at CES in January 2014, the Razer Nabu had many people excited for multiple reasons.
The company more known for its gaming paraphernalia has hinted at gamification of sorts with the wearable. On top of the ubiquitious fitness tracking, buyers can expect notifications from compatible smart phone devices and exchanging of contacts with fellow Nabu owners by high fiving!
After beta testing, launching of developer programs and extensive consumer feedback, the official version has only one OLED screen; when it was announced in January the Nabu had 2 screens.
An early batch of 5000 units of Razer Nabu will be released for sale to fans who’ve supported the Razer Nabu development programme. For the rest of us mortals, expect to shell out $99.99 come December 2nd in North America.
The Razer Nabu band is in two sizes–S-M and M-L. It comes in green, white, orange and black. Find out more here.
Razer has announced the Razer Nabu X at CES 2015.
List of features:
- Private message screen: 128 x 32 pixels
- Cylindrical vibration motor
- Compatible with: iOS devices – iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, 6; and Android 4.3-and-up devices;
- Lithium-polymer battery with 5 to 7 days of battery life
- IP54 water resistant
- Pairing via Bluetooth Low Energy
- Nabu Utility app for band customization, notifications, data, app discovery, and other settings
- Nabu Fitness app for activity logging and monitoring
You may be interested in: