Announced close to 5 month ago, a limited quantity of Withings Activité is now available for pre-order . Priced at $450, even newly released trackers like Jawbone UP3, the Basis Peak or even the yet to be released Apple Watch doesn’t even come close in terms of pricing. Is it worth the premium? Read on.
When companies like Xiaomi are peddling $13 miBand fitness trackers, Withings bucks the trend and sells swiss made watch with activity tracking functions made with premium materials. Stainless steel watch case entirely swiss made with unbreakable scratch-proof sapphire glass. Watch strap made in a black or tawny Barenia leather from Haas Tanneries in France. The dial is designed in the ancestral Le Locle village in Switzerland.
Premium build aside, the The Activité packs a number of features within.
- An advanced accelerometer that tracks your walks, runs and even swims (firmware update in the future)
- Automatic sleep monitoring, including time to sleep, length or sleep and quality of sleep in terms of light and deep sleep.
- Smart vibration that alerts you to wake up gently.
- Automatic updating of time when you switch time zones
- CR2025 watch battery that powers the Withings Activité for at least 8 months
- Water resistant (5 ATM).
- Tapping to change between modes on responsive glass
The Withings Activité fills a gap in the market where the Fitbits and Jawbones don’t fit. Perhaps it’s a certain demographics of consumers who have a taste for quality yet desire for that bit of activity tracking, not much just a tad of tracking. If the Withings Activité is what you’re looking for, pre-order slots are running out.
You might be interested in: