First announced at CES 2014, the Withings Aura sleep monitoring system consists of a sleep sensor that slips under your mattress and a bedside device that tracks your sleep patterns.
The bedside device is a multi-colour LED lamp that supposedly promotes better sleep quality through displaying the correct wavelength of light to promote the body’s secretion of melotonin; the hormone responsible for sleep wake cycle.
Coupled with delicate sound programs, the Withings Aura replicates the circadian rhythm’s frequency and pattern to relax you while you fall asleep and waking you up at a light sleep cycle to ensure that you feel energised. The data is wirelessly synced with the Healthmate app on your smartphones.
Some features of the Withings Aura:
- Tracks body movement, breathing cycle and heart rate.
- Analyzes sound, temperature and light level levels throughout the night.
- Showcases light, deep and REM sleep, time to sleep, sleep duration, number of wake-ups
- Bedside device consists of multi-coloured LED, hifi speaker and USB port for charging phone.
- Dedicated power nap and relaxation programs.
- Smart time display on bedside device that smoothly disappears.
Currently the Withings Aura only supports iOS. You can read more here
The Withings Aura is priced at $299.95 and is on sale at Withings, Amazon and Apple stores.
You might be interested in: